Macy's

www.macysinc.com
  www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Great environment with good opportunities.

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Springfield, IL
Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Macy's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The environment at Macy's stores is great for people who like to work with others. If you are relatively solitary, I wouldn't recommend working for this store. The co-workers are great and there seems to be plenty of opportunity for advancement. There are also good benefits for all workers.

Cons

You are required to learn a lot in a short period of time. My first day on the job (after training) was on the sales floor, by myself. However, I felt that my training was sufficient to be on the sales floor and I was able to learn anything necessary to do my job quickly. There are some problems that come up though. Nevertheless, management is always easy to get a hold of when there's a problem.

Try to not staff people alone on their first day.

5139 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Positive experience

Former Employee - Sales/Cashier in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales/Cashier in New York, NY

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a big place as everyone knows so you can start off small and set your sites for something bigger. Lots of variety in such a big store. You can start in regular sales & end up in commission sales, office position, management,etc.. If you have a good manager that recognizes good work and you apply yourself its good. I was never bored. When I was there they had a "Flyer" squad where you would get to work in a different aera most every day-so if you get bored easily thats a good place to be. They have decent benifits.

Cons

You must join a union if you start off in sales and want to stay beyond your trial. You may get stuck with a bad manager that does not work well with so many personalities. If you want a slow pace - choose your department/section carefully.

From what I saw not so bad until your higher ups want something done after your stock people are gone & you have no choice but to do it yourself. You please your uppers but, will get 'written up' and have an incident record that you went against 'The Union' not too sure what happens after or if you get "too many"- this of course applies to 'floor managers'

Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Room for growth in within Marketing and Merchandise
    - Decent Benefit's
    - Diversity and open communication is encouraged

Cons

- Certain areas with in the company do not pay according to industry standards
    - Need to provide better benefits
    - In order to move up a good work life balance is no longer an option

Activate on key learnings from employee feedback.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's