Macy's
2.9 of 5 4,168 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Great environment with good opportunities.

Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Springfield, IL

ProsThe environment at Macy's stores is great for people who like to work with others. If you are relatively solitary, I wouldn't recommend working for this store. The co-workers are great and there seems to be plenty of opportunity for advancement. There are also good benefits for all workers.

ConsYou are required to learn a lot in a short period of time. My first day on the job (after training) was on the sales floor, by myself. However, I felt that my training was sufficient to be on the sales floor and I was able to learn anything necessary to do my job quickly. There are some problems that come up though. Nevertheless, management is always easy to get a hold of when there's a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to not staff people alone on their first day.

Positive experience

Sales/Cashier (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Macy's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It's a big place as everyone knows so you can start off small and set your sites for something bigger. Lots of variety in such… Cons: You must join a union if you start off in sales and want to stay beyond your trial. You may get stuck with… Advice to Senior Management: From what I saw not so bad until your higher ups want something done after your stock people are gone & you have no choice… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good Company

New York, NY

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Room for growth in within Marketing and Merchandise - Decent… Cons: - Certain areas with in the company do not pay according to industry standards - Need to… Advice to Senior Management: Activate on key learnings from employee feedback. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macy's CEO Terry J. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees.