Macy's

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

They wouldn't give me any hours because I did not work on Black Friday

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy to get hired, fun environment if you like working with people. Very flexible shifts make it easy to work here as a part time second job type of situation. Training was good, and management was friendly, at least at the North Park Mall location where I worked.

Cons

Very little support during your first shifts on the sales floor during the Christmas shopping season. Several times, I had issues that I did not yet know how to handle, and when I would look around for a senior associate to ask questions of, there was often no one to be found. Also, seniors took over the sales that I initiated! By that, I mean, I was showing an expensive watch to a gentleman, and as he was handing it to me to make the purchase, suddenly the lady I was working with, who was a full time employee, decided to "help me", meaning that she rang up the sale under her employee number and got the credit for it. I was told that I'd be in Watches, but if the regular employees wanted to do watches, they would send me to scarves or purses or some area that would not likely have many purchases for Christmas.

Provide more assistance to new hires during their first 20 hours as a sales associate. If you assign an associate to a particular area, make sure that the seasoned employees don't get to over-ride your decision!

5272 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Great group of teamates to work with

Current Employee - Loss Prevention Detective in DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Loss Prevention Detective in DFW, TX

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All four of the LP Detectives get along great and have had great success lately

Cons

Late nights, Argueing with Management over policy after shhowing and calmly explaing does not work

Learn at least the general aspects of our job

Love the Store, MGMT NOT SO MUCH

Former Employee - COSMETICS in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - COSMETICS in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Macy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun, upbeat, great team work

Cons

mgrs have favorites---if you open enough credits everyone is a favorite at some point----asked to open credit cards by ANY means necessary

treat ALL employees equal