There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

I really enjoy working seasonal

Current Employee - Cosmetics Cashier  in  Peabody, MA
Current Employee - Cosmetics Cashier in Peabody, MA

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a lot of fun. It was boring at first when there wasn't a lot of sales and they over staffed the department but it's more fun and enjoyable the closer we get to Christmas. I love all the employees I work with and the customers are pretty great too. They don't get easily annoyed like at most other stores. I also love that you can make your own hours. Every Sunday, you "pick up shifts" for the next week. It makes balancing work life and real life easy.

Cons

There is a strong lack of communication. I was interviewed and then started training a few days later. Training took 2 nights. They never gave me hours after training. They told me to call Black Friday to talk to my manager who I never meet and didn't even know her name. So I called and of course they couldn't get a hold of her. So they said they would give me a call back. Then I got a call Sunday night (2 days later) to come in for orientation but still no hours to work. So I go in for orientation on Monday night. They still do not give me hours. So I didn't start working for 2 weeks after my interview until I could pick up shifts. I didn't meet my "manager" until 4 days after working there.

Get more organized when hiring seasonal so it's less stressful on yourself and your new hires. Communicate!

4655 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Compensation is minimal, but makes up through Benefits

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great personal benefits, such as PTO and Holiday pay

Cons

Low hourly compensation. Can be inconsistent with policies and procedures

More thorough and consistent in in store operations

Pleasant Atmosphere

Current Employee - Ringer/Seasonal  in  Eatontown, NJ
    Current Employee - Ringer/Seasonal in Eatontown, NJ

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Pleasant upbeat atmosphere. Nice staff. Very diverse staff, which is nice. Great discounts. Not a bad place to work part time or during the holidays.

Cons

Low pay until you climb the ladder a bit and put in time. Computerized scheduling is not always efficient in departmental coverage.

No complaints really.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!