Macy's

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It was a first job so I initially thought they paid well. Was a good starting experience, and a good reason why you should study hard.

Cons

They give you no product training so everything you know you have to learn yourself. It's a normal sales job that's about it.

5787 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Best place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Employees are very cooperative. The employer also is trying to do everything good to satisfy the employees and to make Macys the better place to work. As a seasonal employee always when you perform good in your tasks there is always a chance of being employed fully or temporarily after your seasonal period ends.

Cons

For seasonal employees the salary is very low, $8 per hour comparing to the job itself which is very demanding, it seems to me very low. At least they make it $10.

They should do everything they can to improve the employees benefits especially the seasonal ones so as to retain those potential.

I'd give it more stars is the company didn't lie so much...

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Macy's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's decent pay for the work you do.

Cons

Company misleads customers. Management doesn't do anything.

Please get off your butt and do something. Or at least pretend you are. You will get no respect if you just sit around ordering people as if you were better than them. Also, NOTIFY every worker about any changes or EXPLAIN the sales going around, or any problems with coupons. It's kind of embarrassing to find out from a customer about the sale going on... and even more embarrassing is them knowing you don't do your job. While working there I noticed the company would change things and NOT let the customers nor the employees know about the changes. I had to stand there and nod my head many times when and angry customer would come to me and complain about all the lies they were told about the credit card policies or anything regarding them. How the signs where always misleading and the coupons told you what you couldn't buy, but you never knew what those items were. I know some of this goes to sign placing department or marketing department. But come on.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's