Macy's
2.9 of 5 3,574 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Merchandising Support Associate/Signing and Pricing

Merchandising Assistant/Signing and Pricing Associate (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Macy's

ProsAs a merchandising associate, it is a pretty straight forward and easy job.Just do the tasks that the supervisor wants, in a timely and efficient way and your set. Clock in and out on time and you'll win the praise of the supervisor.
Pricing and signing is straightforward as well. Be efficient and organized and you'll be good.

ConsMost departments are understaffed. When someone calls out its the duty of the remaining associates to cover for that person. Although they are always looking for call-in associates, they rarely bring them in for at all and never use them in the right departments.

The pricing and signing team is extremely understaffed. Majority of floor managers and sales associates are not very knowledgeable when it comes to sales, clearance, and pricing, so don't expect a lot of help or understanding when things aren't don't correctly or finished.

HR did a bad job of restructuring departments when cutting hours. Pay is lower than expectations.

Inventory is never up to demand. Either there is no inventory check or they don't do it correctly, because you will find a gross amount of one set of merchandising and find another understocked. When shipments come in, they are erratic and useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff the floor better. Inventory needs more accuracy.

Overall a good place to work with good people

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at Macy's

Pros: Good people to work with. Commissioned sales was competitive, but not to the point of people being uniwlling to help others. Management does a good… Cons: I felt as though I was mislead about the true earnings potential during the interview process. Scheduling flexibility was not as easy as I would… Advice to Senior Management: Make sure the talent rises to the top and not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Wouldn't Go Back

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Macy's

Pros: Flexible schedule, work life balance Cons: Benefits, compensation, lack of growth and development opportunities Advice to Senior Management: Hold managers accountable to turnover in their departments/stores so that they pay… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macy's CEO Terry J. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees.