There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

I like the working environment.

Current Employee - Merchandise Associate in Wellington, FL
Current Employee - Merchandise Associate in Wellington, FL

I have been working at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good behavior of the Managers, colleagues are friendly and cooperative.

Cons

Low working hours for me.

Advice to Management

None.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

1. Awsome place to work at but lame hours

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Del Amo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Del Amo, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

u get to pick up shifts and advertise ur shift. which is good since u dont have to go person to person asking if they can cover. also management is really great! i love my manegers and they always help u out when u need it.

Cons

part-time doesnt get so much hours at all! only during the holidays. other than that ull be getting 8 hours a week

Advice to Management

i understand that full-time has first come but also try giving more hours to part time

Good Attitude Gets You Far

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Madison, WI

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Macy's can be a great job if you go into it with a good attitude and genuinely like working in retail. *The scheduling is done online, and it's easy to pick up and swap shifts *Employees get more breaks than I'm used to. An 8-hour shift will come with a 45-minute lunch and two 15-minute breaks. *The culture is laid-back and fun. The employees get a fair amount of freedom while working, and don't have management breathing down their backs. *There are career opportunities for those that seek them. You may have to ask for the opportunities, but doing well in sales and being enthusiastic at work will make you go far. *Macy's always has initiatives helping charities, and rewards employees that help by selling coupons or whatever the current promotion is. *20% discount, and an extra 10% for a couple days each month.

Cons

*The computer scheduling system isn't always the best at fitting with people's schedules. *You can't ask for time off on "key days," which happen at least two days a month, but usually more. *Don't expect to get time off around the holidays, and you may end up working until midnight or overnight.