Macy's

www.macysjobs.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Macy's, a good company to work for as a stepping stone for a career in retail.

Current Employee - Associate Planner in New York, NY
Current Employee - Associate Planner in New York, NY

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

This company is very meaningful to other employers in the retail industry. Macy's has an excellent executive training program and effectively prepares young executives for a successful career in retail.

Cons

Macy's pay is not always commiserate with experience and the market.

Keep doing what your doing. Senior management is very inclined to interact with employees on all levels at Macy's.

5772 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Worst job Ever!!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

The location is close, so it's an easy drive.
    20% Employee discount (which, by the way, you cannot get unless you use your Macy's card with an interest rate of at least 23%....so pay it off right away or the interest will overpower your discount!!)

Cons

Training- they train you to use the register, but that's all. i work in jewlery, and would love to be able to answer, with confidence, "yes that watch is water proof" etc... but there was no product training. Seems silly, they want us to sell, sell their products, but offer the sales team no product knowledge traning.
    Credit Apps & Sales Goals-I am hounded about this every day....multiple times a day from multiple managers, and it really makes for a poor working environment. I am not going to harass customers to open these cards, and especially not before disclosing the interest rate...i am going to keep my morals. The sales goals are impossible to meet most days, but you must or you can face disiplinary action, or get fired from not opening credit app's, which are Not easy to get....most customers already have them, the rest don't want them
    Pay- it sucks 7.25p/h...that says it all....part-timers like me get no benefits

-inform your supervisors that harassment and belittling staff is not a motivational tool known to work well....it just breeds resentment

"This job sucks"

I worked at Macy's

Pros

I was able to see when things were going to go on sale and was able to put clothes on hold.

Cons

It was a huge downer. They work you like dogs and pay you minimum wage. You will always be understaffed and have to work multiple jobs (fitting room, cashier, clean up).

HIRE MORE PEOPLE. Create a more enjoyable work environment. Pay your employees for the work they do. Listen to employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's