Macy's

Good place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

This is a really wonderful place to work. There are great people here in every area. My boss treats me with respect and doesn't micro manage me. My work station is very spacious and I have a lot of tools at my disposal to get my work done. I have had a chance to meet a lot of the management that I'll be working with during my time here and I think that I will get great exposure and career advancement.

Cons

There isn't anything to complain about, but I've only been here a few weeks.

Please continue to try to see things from the employees point of view.

5525 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Macy's, a good company to work for as a stepping stone for a career in retail.

Current Employee - Associate Planner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Planner in New York, NY

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

This company is very meaningful to other employers in the retail industry. Macy's has an excellent executive training program and effectively prepares young executives for a successful career in retail.

Cons

Macy's pay is not always commiserate with experience and the market.

Keep doing what your doing. Senior management is very inclined to interact with employees on all levels at Macy's.

Outstanding? I think not.

Current Employee - Cosmetic Department Counter Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Cosmetic Department Counter Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

Experience with a diverse group of customers.

Cons

No sense of communication other than always asking how many new macys charge cards have I opened. My manager never told me important information. My biggest issue with Macy's is that all of the leadership has been taken out of the store. Everyone's schedules are made by people in Atlanta that have no idea what our actual traffic flow is. A monkey could make better schedules. It seems I am constantly overstaffed in my department when I need not be and nobody can meet sales goals and when I can use the staff I am overwhelmed and customers complain. Assistant store managers have too much stress and not enough support.

Focus more on making employees feel important rather than only rattling off sales plan numbers and telling us what we're doing wrong. No positive reinforcement. People live in fear of corporate visits.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's