Macy's

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Poor training

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Lenexa, KS
Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good to have a discount, though it could be better!

Cons

Poorly trained manager
Poor in field training for new employees
Not consistent with number of hours they promised me

Get better training methods and get rid of my schedule plus

5146 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Cosmetics Sales Associate

Former Employee - Cosmetics Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Cosmetics Sales Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are hired on full-time and have some sales experience, you can get more pay if you ask for it. Employee discount, recognition of good performance, can win contests, can win $$ for busting shoplifters!

Cons

One way they "reward" employees is with Macy's money. I felt they were just making a way to generate more business from the employees...cause you can only spend this "reward" money in their store, ultimately paying them
    Little help from floor manager, also managers that are hired have absolutely no idea what they are doing. They hire anyone with some type of management experience--meaning a manager of a construction site would be placed as floor manager of shoes or something?!?

Train your managers to lead their teams better. When hiring holiday team associates, check their background. Pay those with actual experience in sales, clothing, customer service better!!! They deserve some raises!!

horrible company to work for

Former Employee - Ringer in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Ringer in Taylor, MI

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

discount is only good thing Macy's. training stunk as you are put in a storage area by yourself with a computer and register to learn. 8 hrs of training, 2 hrs of orientation and they throw you to the wolves.

Cons

Lack of communication in HR dept., Was told I could make my own schedule yet they scheduled me for 10 hr shifts without my knowledge. Was told I was hired as a fragrance sales associate, yet they wanted me to be a cashier only, was told orientation was Sunday, showed up and they told me there was no schedule for it that day. Found out because I was the only person to show for it, they lied to me and cancelled it but told me I was given wrong information. Orientation manager was irritated because she had to do the orientation and stated clearly that it wasn't HER job and it was a "waste of HER time".

Management needs anger management training, seems the company works them so hard they lash out at associates. Was told by management commission associates are like sharks basically, definitely not a place to consider "friendly work area".

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's