Macy's

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Poor training

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Lenexa, KS
Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good to have a discount, though it could be better!

Cons

Poorly trained manager
Poor in field training for new employees
Not consistent with number of hours they promised me

Get better training methods and get rid of my schedule plus

5531 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

horrible company to work for

Former Employee - Ringer in Taylor, MI
    Former Employee - Ringer in Taylor, MI

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

discount is only good thing Macy's. training stunk as you are put in a storage area by yourself with a computer and register to learn. 8 hrs of training, 2 hrs of orientation and they throw you to the wolves.

Cons

Lack of communication in HR dept., Was told I could make my own schedule yet they scheduled me for 10 hr shifts without my knowledge. Was told I was hired as a fragrance sales associate, yet they wanted me to be a cashier only, was told orientation was Sunday, showed up and they told me there was no schedule for it that day. Found out because I was the only person to show for it, they lied to me and cancelled it but told me I was given wrong information. Orientation manager was irritated because she had to do the orientation and stated clearly that it wasn't HER job and it was a "waste of HER time".

Management needs anger management training, seems the company works them so hard they lash out at associates. Was told by management commission associates are like sharks basically, definitely not a place to consider "friendly work area".

Basic sales with unreliable managers

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

Customers aren't bad, commission pay is great around holidays, most employees are friendly,

Cons

Managers don't care, they don't care about their schedules, your problems, coaching you, or doing anything for you. Credit cards are all they care about.

Care