There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

I really enjoy working here but the managers is horrible

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Aventura, FL
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Aventura, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get paid every week You pick your schedule online very flexible Great co worker

Cons

There are very rude customers Long lines Recovery and go backs is a headache I had a rude supervisor /manager

Advice to Management

Macy's management need to give their associates a walkie talkie to communicate with them. It quicker and faster. Be nice to the employees

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. How to handle irate customers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to Meet great people

Cons

None that I can think of.

Sales Specialist at Macy's - Lakeside Mall - Metairie, LA

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Metairie, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Metairie, LA

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, Benefits, Hours, Bonuses, Discount, Macy's Money, Contest, Awards, Recognition.

Cons

Management's lack of knowledge, Lazy managers, Confusion, Internal Theft, The store manager, several EIC's and lazy co-workers.

Advice to Management

Whatever you don't know, research and find the answer! Stop harassing me about "loyalties"! Stop sitting your behind down in the office all day, pick up the EIC phone when we call. Make yourself available when we need you. Stop upholding employees when you know that they are wrong. Appreciate your hard working employees and stop the gossiping! Your a MANAGER, your supposed to keep that out of the work place. I don't care if your getting married and trying to buy a house that's why I need to make sure i make my sales goal and get said loyalties so you can get your bonus! Maybe, just maybe if you become more hands on and assist us on the sales floor, than your department will do great and than you'll make your quota so you can get your bonus. P.S. To the new store manager: PLEASE STOP with all the unnecessary announcements on the intercom! Get up out the office and walk through your store! Get to know your employees, respect us and our work that we do. Be more careful of the words you speak!! Make sure your Managers have the proper training!