There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Sink or Swim Environment

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Macy's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Potential to move quickly, lots of growth potential. Get to interact with so many different people and personalities on a daily basis. Never gets boring or mundane.

Cons

Poor communication, some expectations not clearly articulated. You completely own your learning curve, which can be beneficial sometimes, but it mostly creates a more stressful workplace due to high-pressure situations that you encounter without anyone preparing you for them.

For upper management: if you expect your direct reports to treat their direct reports with cordiality, respect, over-exaggerated recognition and positivity, and entrust them as skilled individuals to get their job done, then you should hold yourselves to the same expectations instead of being exempt from any company directives with respect to management tactics and team engagement.

4934 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Worked as seasonal help

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Excellent point of sale and inventory system, manageable sales quotas, good manager, got enough hours

Cons

Only the regular cons of working in retail during the Christmas season: Lots of crazed shoppers, messy floor, same Christmas songs on repeat

Good 1st Job Experience

Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Macy's hired me, a person with no prior retail experience. I learned a lot about the retail industry and customer service.
    Wage is ok
    Good job if you want to get experience in retail or to make some money
    The benefits are good (From what I have heard)

Cons

Scheduling work hours can be a little stressful (at first), but for the most part it's ok
    There will also be a lot of returns but anyone who works in retail knows that this is a part of customer service

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's