There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Good 1st Job Experience

Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate
Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Macy's hired me, a person with no prior retail experience. I learned a lot about the retail industry and customer service.
Wage is ok
Good job if you want to get experience in retail or to make some money
The benefits are good (From what I have heard)

Cons

Scheduling work hours can be a little stressful (at first), but for the most part it's ok
There will also be a lot of returns but anyone who works in retail knows that this is a part of customer service

reviews filtered by
  1. Worked as seasonal help

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Excellent point of sale and inventory system, manageable sales quotas, good manager, got enough hours

Cons

Only the regular cons of working in retail during the Christmas season: Lots of crazed shoppers, messy floor, same Christmas songs on repeat

2. OK for starting out

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Discounts were good. My co-workers were very enjoyable, probably the best that I've had. they were very flexible with me when it came to which department I worked in. I got to work in all of them until I found the one I fit the best at.

Cons

They were not very flexible with my schedule. I started the job in the summer, so i could work at anytime. When classes started up again in the fall, i was assured they would work around my schedule, which still would have allowed me to work certain shifts. However, they would constantly schedule me during class times. I would then have to cancel that shift. I ended up leaving shortly after.

Allow for a better work/life balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's