Tired

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Money is good at Macys. I liked working with my friends. I can hang ouy. Good food court.

Cons

Not enough hours. Messy. Too much work. MANAGEMENT is mean. Company is unstable.

Advice to Management

Stay on the floor and help clean up the messy floor. Lower prices and be nicer to your workers. In to deep!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company to start for retail

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Like to reward employees that work hard, 20% discount on top of any coupons/sales going on, hour lunch break, and management in Dublin, Oh are nice.

Cons

Break rooms a little gross, must wear mostly black, long login name and password everytime you check someone out, annoying music (even customers don't like it) I would like to see the scanning process improved and bagging improved. Not ergonomic friendly.

Advice to Management

Change the music, clean the break rooms and make it feel more welcoming, have someone clean the store, look at the functionality of each cash register and reasses it. (e.i. eronomics, speed of scanning, posture, high variations for different associates, organization of supplies,

2. Not bad for retail or for a position to have in the meantime.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome merchandise, and generous employee discount

Cons

Not enough training! At my first store I had a designated area that made it easier to learn about the merchandise, as it changed constantly, but for other associates that were floaters and bounced all around the store to many different departments, they often had no clue what they were selling, which I found counterproductive. At the second location i worked at, the store was very disorganized, and it sometimes made the work not enjoyable and tedious.

Advice to Management

Offer more training to sales associates, so they know what they're doing! Have a streamline process in which the store operates. The second location I worked at was disorganized, making it difficult for me to help customers at times.