Tired

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Money is good at Macys. I liked working with my friends. I can hang ouy. Good food court.

Cons

Not enough hours. Messy. Too much work. MANAGEMENT is mean. Company is unstable.

Advice to Management

Stay on the floor and help clean up the messy floor. Lower prices and be nicer to your workers. In to deep!

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

1. You take the good, you take the bad

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Garden City, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Garden City, NY

I worked at Macy's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers are wonderful and frequently offer their help and advice. Incentives for employees to perform better. Rallys in the morning to give employees the sense of being a team.

Cons

Some employees just float along not doing the same amount of work as others, hiding in the dressing rooms texting. Managers can't be everywhere all the time and don't see this. The pay is not enough for all the work you have to do.

Advice to Management

Better training to new employees and 're-fresher' courses for current employees about how to interact with customers.

Poor Priorities

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay for a part-time college student. There were a few good low level managers that actually looked out for you, but they balanced out the ones that don't.

Cons

There are too many cons to list, so I will just share my biggest peeve with Macy's. I worked in a commissioned area and all too often they over-staffed like crazy. More salesmen over the sales floor thins out your own sales, no matter how much of a shark you are. I understand that you do want a sufficient labor force to boost department revenue, but the amount of sales people on the floor was ridiculous and at many times, obnoxious. When this was brought to management's attention, the returned answer was that "The 'prestige' of the store is the biggest priority, and not your commision check". Their exact words, not mine. I worked in the Southern California flagship store at South Coast Plaza.

Advice to Management

Cut back on your sales labor at your bigger stores and replace them with support associates to actually clean your sales floors. I don't know how many times I heard the phrase "This is why I don't shop at Macy's" or "Let's go to Nordstroms". Also, you need to communicate better with your part-time associates. I came in on average three times a week, and management hadrly ever told me what promotions or specials we were running.