There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

My experience was overall very good.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros

Workers Discount, the opportunity to interact with customers, and the experience you gain dealing with the general public, employees and managers.

Cons

Low wages and limited room for growth and development.

Promote employees who are strong in their duties, do not ignore their skills and abilities, because these employees who does their jobs very well for a small salary, it is because they love what they do.

4636 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Loved It!

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Ease and control of scheduling

Cons

The hours sometimes, but it's retail.

Wish they had more integrity

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor/Sales Manager in Training  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor/Sales Manager in Training in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Macy's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meet Nice People, Got to hang out often after work for drinks with colleagues, Music in the store, Learn how to sell

Cons

Too many meetings... Upper Management lie to get what they want out of you... I had a good store manager when I first started who was very proactive and truly showed me how to lead and coach the macys way... My next store manager was on her way to retirement and would come in around 10am, leave at 5:30pm, and would take one vacation week every month; yet expect me, a new hire as a sales supervisor/manager in training to know the same things as another manager that has been there for 5 years. Would always answer any question with "what do you think the answer is." and if you made the wrong decision, would embarrass you during the daily 3pm turnover meetings. Lies, Lies, Lies... They would teach me how to lie to associates to get what we needed out of them while i was there and would always tell me that I want to see you promoted soon every month, but would never help me get there and when the time came when she didn't need me anymore, told me "this is not the position/company for you." It all really depends on how lucky you are and if you have a great store manager and trainer who are focused on moving you up within the company or just a bunch of big fat liars who want to get what they can out of you and then push you out the door...

Be more Truthful and up front with people

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!