There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Its just another retail job

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule Employee discount Easy going environment as long as you do your job

Cons

Depending on season, it can be rather hectic. Pay is minimal Mangers generally have no clue what to do, it seems some of them are learning as they go.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

1. Good, fast-paced work environment

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I actually enjoy working at Macy's. Although, it is what you make of it. At my location, there are a lot of older people who have been there for umpteen years and kind of look down on younger people as if they are not worthy to work with them, as I have seen this first hand.

Cons

Being one of 100s of employees, it's easy to get lost in the mix. I've been with the company for almost 8 months and there are still a couple of departments managers who can't tell me my name without looking at my name tag. So it can be very impersonal sometimes.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees whether they're in your department or not. It really devalues you as a manager if you can't even greet me using my name.

2. It's a fun job, most of the time.

Current Employee - Sales Associate Shoes in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Associate Shoes in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Macy's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In enjoy the freedom I have, meeting lots of different types of people, employee discounts, and community involvement Macys has. They do lots of charity event and fundraisers, for customers and employees. Also there are benefits such as 401k and insurance.

Cons

You must sell a certain amount of credit cards weekly, during the holidays they add more stuff for you to sell (thanks for sharing), there are constant changes, and they could definetly pay employees more, apparently you max out on salary pretty easily.