Macy's
2.9 of 5 4,165 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Great place to work if you can get full time...

Loss Prevention Detective (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA

ProsI had a great boss, he would show me how it's all done. I also, for the most part, made my schedule. The associates I worked with were good. Some didn't listen to policy, but it would get corrected.

ConsI was told I would get part time a few months after I was hired and also depending on my performance. I was also told I would have a review and it would lead to more money. Both never happened. Pay could of also been better.

Advice to Senior Managementthe workers that shine are going to shine, but let those people have what they have earned...

Macy's treats employees like family

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Paramus, NJ

I worked at Macy's full-time for less than a year

Pros: Macy's is very fair to employees Cons: some managers in other departments attitudes like any other company Advice to Senior Management: some need to listen more to employee's side of conflicts… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

good customer service experience, poor managment

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros: Convienent location, above minimum wage Cons: poor management, wasteful of resources, not enough recognition for employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macy's CEO Terry J. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees.