Macy's
2.9 of 5 3,582 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Dept supervisors overview

Department Supervisor Executive Level (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Macy's full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe San Francisco executive offices where I was employed, offered an excellent work environment staffed with folks driven to provide the highest level of service possible for the ultimate benefit of our customers.

ConsAs with all major retail organizations, there were some occasional gaps in timely communication of pertinent details that managers and supervisors need in order to make the best decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your front line people.

Nice for a part-time or side gig

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Newark, DE

I have been working at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros: -Great discount. If you are a shopper, this is the place to be. 20-30% off of every purchase everyday and that's in addition to using… Cons: -Low pay. You will start at $8 an hour no matter how many years of retail experience you have. Raises are hard to get as… Advice to Senior Management: Yes we are in business to make sales and open credit cards, however as a manager, your job is to actually manage your team. If… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I work as a recovery/sales associate and its pretty laid back.

Recovery/Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros: Lovely co workers, managers have positive attitudes, benefits, great company… Cons: NOT ENOUGH HOURS, us co workers basically compete for hours, if you are hired for part time good luck. I get about 16 hours on… Advice to Senior Management: none. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macy's CEO Terry J. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees.