Macy's

www.macysinc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

The Magic of Macy's

I have been working at Macy's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Love working for this Company.

Cons

Only get enough hours....so you don't qualify for the benefits....no benefits for part time workers...

5743 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

I was Miserable at womens shoe department!

I worked at Macy's part-time

Pros

you get Commision. thats about it

Cons

long hours on your feet, always reminding you to get customers to open stupid card. just wasn't for me

The big red star.

Current Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Commissioned Sales Associate

I have been working at Macy's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

-The discount is wonderful. We can use the coupons the customers get in the mail plus the Macy's money we earn from opening accounts PLUS our 20% employee discount. I got some designer handbags for really cheap because of this.

-The scheduling system is very convenient. You can rearrange your schedule to work around your life. Picking up hours/advertising/swapping.

Cons

-Some of the managers can put unbelievable pressure on you to open credit cards. They will go above and beyond even if some customers do not have valid social security numbers, they will tell you to put in their passport number or something which to me sounds very sketchy being that can be someone's real social security!

-At least in my stores, there was never enough coverage in our department for the big sales. There would be three people ringing trying to break the crazy lines, and no one to clean up/assist the other customers on the floor. And when our customer service score dropped they wondered why.

-Little pay for the amount of work

-During inventory I worked a 12 hour shift with just a 30 minute break that I took on my own without a manager informing me to (wiggled my way out of there)

-Coupons sometimes do not work durin the big sales because items are specials. The customers get very frustrated on us and claim it is false advertising, which I have to agree with to a certain extent.

Spend some time on the floor and not in the office and you will change your ways. The "employment engagement survey" is not the best way to change the ways of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's