Outstanding dedication to service and a good work environment.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Boise, ID
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Boise, ID

I worked at Macy's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Macy's values working as a team and communicating which makes for less stress and competitive behaviors.

Cons

Managers being responsible for too many departments and non department specific tasks stretches them too thin and makes them less effective at running their own teams and being involved where it counts.

Keep the managers in their departments and have general managers for other operations. I feel like my team didn't get enough feedback, involvement, or time with our manager for her to be effective in motivating, coaching, or understanding us.

Other Reviews for Macy's

Very little training.

Former Employee - Selling Specialist
    Former Employee - Selling Specialist

I worked at Macy's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Nice coworkers,good pay if you were lucky to work there for more than five years.Health ins.If you are still full time,401k

Cons

uncaring store manager. Lack of communication between managers.Lack of training. Managers need to have more training to teach associates.Managers dont train new hires.seasond employees are expected to train them,and do there jobs on top of training

Lead by example,listen to your employees,improve store moral by having parties instore at least at Christmas,and maybe a bbq during the summer.The associates make all of the money for the store.give something back to them.

great place to work if you only want temporary work

Current Employee - Processor  in  North Jackson, OH
    Current Employee - Processor in North Jackson, OH

I have been working at Macy's part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

decent pay,flexible hours,co-workers are good to work with MOST of the time. I am constantly on the go and I always have work to do. NEW hires are able to get ahead on the corporate ladder (As long as they don't say or do anything against the management team)

Cons

constantly cutting hours,taking away incentives to work harder &/or show up everyday (perfect attendance/not calling off), no bonuses, medical/dental coverage is offered but is somewhat costly and not the best,

listen to your employees, years of service,dedication and work SHOULD count for something and should be a factor in hiring for positions throughout the building.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!