Macy's

www.macysinc.com

Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) Oviedo, FL

ProsVery likable co-workers. Managers were relatively easy going and tried to make getting loyalties/credit accounts more than just badgering the customer. The many sales that were going on made it easy for me to shop for what I wanted, haha.

ConsYou start out at minimum wage no matter what. This wasn't really a problem for me since I still live at home but others who live on their own and have school to pay for probably have to find another job. Customers can be extremely rude when they don't get what they want but hey, that's retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees will be more likely to stay with the company if the compensation was higher than minimum wage for new recruits, thus wasting less money on training.

Positive experience

Counter Manager (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

I have been working at Macy's full-time for less than a year

Pros: Fast process, everyone was pleasant and enthusiastic. Cons: Wearing black all time. More color choices for the women… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Learned a lot only working there for 4 months, relaxed environment for me

Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) Valley Stream, NY

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros: a lot of the managers are nice, just do what… Cons: Its retail so customers are always going to be rude… Advice to Senior Management: have a better hiring process, Stop having people wait 10 weeks before they know if they are hired or not. People don't want to wait… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!