Macy's

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Ok place

Current Employee - On Call Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - On Call Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Discount, Learn a lot new stuff, getting to know people, flexible hours

Cons

Having to sell macys credit cards! Some people are rude and have been there for 10+ years and don't like to help new people, dealing with and learning about all their sales and restrictions on macys cards and regular coupons is HARD!

Better training!!! Everything is online, How is anybody to really be prepared without proper training.

5276 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Very "MAGICAL" work place

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

Nice amount of time off, great opportunity to be promoted within company, involvement with community and charities, recognizes individual and team successes.

Cons

In a leadership role it's often hard to get accomplish daily tasks/goals and exceed expectation. Without the ability to prioritize it is a difficult role.

Good seasonal work, but wouldn't do it full time

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pleasant co-workers, happy customers, nice employee discount, seasonal employees have no sales target

Cons

The full-time employees were constantly stressed over reaching their overly high sales goals. You had to reach your base sales goals before you could start earning commission. If they didn't hit the goal one month, the difference was added to the next month. The result was that most of the people in my department had huge, unreachable sales goal deficits and had no hope of ever getting commission. I used to let my full time co-workers ring all my sales since as a seasonal employee I couldn't earn commission anyway because I felt bad for them. It felt like a racket.

If an entire department can't manage to reach their sales goals, they need to be revisited and lowered to something more reasonable.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's