Macy's

www.macysinc.com
  www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

I loved working at macy's fort myers, fl

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Interacting with customers. training is good and although the managers all have their different approach, they're all great. the stores motivation of selling, and opening a certain amount of credits per day, is good.

Cons

you can't make any money. goals are unreachable. if you count only on your base hourly of 7.79, you're good. commission is an added bonus. the MAGIC selling is good if it's genuine. some customers walk through the door with their walls up dreading a sales associate approaching them. some sales associates you have to watch out for, because this store is commissioned and some associates are MOTIVATED, they will steal sales.

unless you can do something about the pay, keep doing what you're doing.

5276 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Place you can make a lot of money but management can sometimes be a pain in the a**

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Macy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Locations, Great Atmosphere, Great Clothing and Employee Discounts, Paid Weekly

Cons

Co-workers can be a little too bossy and competitive, Not too many advancement opportunities, Hours seem to fluctuate at any moment, Anyone can be fired or let go for anything at any moment, no benefits if not full time

Be more hands-on and helping. Also hire people that are more better prepared for what they're doing.

I would work there again. Left due to relocation and there is no Macy's where I currently live.

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some great people to work with. Discount is very good for employees. It really depends which store you are in and who is on the store management team.

Cons

A very promotional store. Have to keep up as the offers change constantly. Very long hours.

Upper Management should make 'MAGIC' with associates not just customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's