Macy's

www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

I just did training so far but everyone is nice and very helpful. I have no complaints.

Current Employee - Director in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Director in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They give insurance for possible accidental death at work. Of course Macy's is a safe place to work, but such as a fire or things like that you have insurance which is actually a plus to me. I have never worked anywhere that does that and it's cool. Even though I don't believe it'll be used, but it's nice to know they provide this.

Cons

Like I said I love it so far, but you have to either have a prepaid card for a employee discount or their credit card. I think it'd be easier to just swipe your own card put in manager number and receive your employee discount.

5536 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

The company wants a lot with little or no associates or hrs. to realistically accomplish given tasks.

Current Employee - Non-selling
    Current Employee - Non-selling

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

re are a lot of really great people who work for the company.

Cons

The only way to get your discount is to use their chg. card...with an extremely high interest rate. The company rewards the associates with macy money....if you want to use 10$ macy $ you have to spend 20$ or more (on your chg.of course). The company rewards the sales associates but treats the support staff like crap! We work in the dark before store opening with no air on.We feel like a bunch of rats scurring around in the dark! So as long as you are a sales associate who opens store chgs. you're golden (and rewarded) .

Lead by example....pitch in and help with recovery and assist customers. We dont need or want you coming around only to check our progress on chgs. opened or store promotions sold.

Management treat people very poorly and does not appreciate employees .Bad company to work for.

Former Employee - COSMETICS in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - COSMETICS in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary OK. Employee Discount. Nice environment.

Cons

Terrible management in most of their stores. Very bad employee morale.

Do not micromanage, be kind to employees, get off power trip.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's