Macy's
2.9 of 5 4,181 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

I just did training so far but everyone is nice and very helpful. I have no complaints.

Director (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA

ProsThey give insurance for possible accidental death at work. Of course Macy's is a safe place to work, but such as a fire or things like that you have insurance which is actually a plus to me. I have never worked anywhere that does that and it's cool. Even though I don't believe it'll be used, but it's nice to know they provide this.

ConsLike I said I love it so far, but you have to either have a prepaid card for a employee discount or their credit card. I think it'd be easier to just swipe your own card put in manager number and receive your employee discount.

Associate buyer

Associate Buyer (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Macy's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Job was ok, was very heavy in the day to day.… Cons: Too much work, too little pay. Getting a promotion was very difficult. Everything… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The company wants a lot with little or no associates or hrs. to realistically accomplish given tasks.

Non-selling (Current Employee)

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: re are a lot of really great people who… Cons: The only way to get your discount is to use their chg. card...with an extremely high interest rate. The company rewards the associates with… Advice to Senior Management: Lead by example....pitch in and help with recovery and assist customers. We dont need or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macy's CEO Terry J. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees.