Macy's

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

So far, so good.

Current Employee - Recovery in Staten Island, NY
Current Employee - Recovery in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Always busy, never bored; incredibly helpful staff/managers; paid lunch; paid orientation; 20% associate discount that you are able to use on top of sales & coupons, as well; medical and dental coverage; infant feeding/breast-pumping rooms.

Cons

Low starting pay ($8; good for a student like myself looking to work for cash in pocket); if a part-time employee, you're last to pick your hours for the week.

5755 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

The company wants a lot with little or no associates or hrs. to realistically accomplish given tasks.

Current Employee - Non-selling
    Current Employee - Non-selling

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

re are a lot of really great people who work for the company.

Cons

The only way to get your discount is to use their chg. card...with an extremely high interest rate. The company rewards the associates with macy money....if you want to use 10$ macy $ you have to spend 20$ or more (on your chg.of course). The company rewards the sales associates but treats the support staff like crap! We work in the dark before store opening with no air on.We feel like a bunch of rats scurring around in the dark! So as long as you are a sales associate who opens store chgs. you're golden (and rewarded) .

Lead by example....pitch in and help with recovery and assist customers. We dont need or want you coming around only to check our progress on chgs. opened or store promotions sold.

Associate buyer

Former Employee - Associate Buyer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Buyer in New York, NY

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Job was ok, was very heavy in the day to day. I learned a lot and was srrounded by smart people.

Cons

Too much work, too little pay. Getting a promotion was very difficult. Everything rode on the strength of your business and much of that was out of my hands.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's