There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Great way to gain in customer service and conflict resolution experience!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Torrance, CA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Torrance, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got to meet some amazing people while working there. I loved engaging with the customers.

Cons

Holiday shopping was super hectic and that's when the rudest people came out to shop. Also my managers were in sync so they had us employees running all over the place because they weren't on the same page.

Advice to Management

STOP LYING ON YOUR EMPLOYEES.

Other Employee Reviews for Macy's

1. bleh macys

Current Employee - Mens Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Mens Sales Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

*co workers are great *win macy money *get rewarded for opening loyalty *there are days where their is free lunch

Cons

*sales goals are high *too many workers on weekends so how are you suppose to make your goal *soooo competitive! you have to be passionate about sales or you wont survive. *many workers fight for customers especially those you are buying shoes and suits. commission is not that great but they still feel the need to fight for it. *scorecard! i have been working there for a year. it is hard to reach you sales and credit goal. it shows on you scorecard and after a certain amount of time the manager tells you you might get fired. i was told i was to nice and not competitive enough and if i wanted to stay i have to reach 300% of my goal this whole month or else the store manager will have no choice but to fire me. i really need a job so i tried to push myself but there is no way i can achieve that so i have no choice but to quit. *i really did not have a good time working there. i always stressed out about reaching my goals *credits! i am a nice person so if the customer just applied a week ago and knows they have really bad credit. i give them advice to get there credit up and then i apply. my co workers convince them to apply and nope they do not get approved. i see the same customers applying for a Macys card and get denied. "here let me help you. ill see what i can do so they can open an account for you." That's what i hear them say. no all the workers can do is input the information and wait for the approval or non approval. i see peoples credit get ruined and the store manager and mangers approve of this. its disgusting! * young teens are tricked into applying by not telling them its a credit card. i have had customers come up to me telling me they don't want the credit card that no one told them it was credit. Macys training videos tell you its all about the customers but its not its all about making profit and opening credits. workers talk bad about customers. there is always drama especially in commission areas * customers tell me they don't appreciate workers stalking them and asking if they need help every 5 minutes. fighting over customers right in front of customers is a NO NO! *customers have told me they written to the higher ups about this new system that creates this competitiveness between co workers. i just don't have many positive things to say. i have never been told to quit a job. i guess i need to work in a place where the company actually cares about the customers and not concentrated in ruining peoples credit.

Advice to Management

Any advice i give will not change anything so that's all i have to say.

2. Macy's Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Macy's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount, Human Interaction, Young People

Cons

Weak store management and low pay