Macy's
2.9 of 5 4,179 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Great place for high school/college students, but base pay isn't enough to live off.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

ProsGreat culture. Fun place to work. Great sales, so it's easy to create a clientele.

ConsNo incentives to work hard. You start off making minimum wage (plu comission), and there's no opportunity for a rasie in that base pay. Most companies will give you a percentage per quarter/year if your sales numbers are up to par or exceeding goals. Macy's doesn't.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer incentives like percentage raises per quarter, etc. to employers if you actually want to see them do a great job with their tasks. Also, maybe not have so many sales. Sales bring in customers, but it gives them the idea that your store and the merchandise is cheap if everything is constantly on sale. Maybe you could pay employees more if they're weren't so many sales.

Good Company

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I worked at Macy's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company was fair and really focused on development and promoting… Cons: Economy caused cuts in payroll Advice to Senior Management: Don't give up and shoot for being the best Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Seasonal Help -- Meh

Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros: When working the holiday season you have a lot of hours. Other employees were… Cons: The pay is not okay if you have kids and bills, the managers were lazy, couldnt advance… Advice to Senior Management: Be careful on those you let run your stores, they are there only for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macy's CEO Terry J. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees.