Macy's
2.9 of 5 3,591 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

Your coworkers can either make your day glide by or make it insufferable.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

ProsI get to pick my own shifts and hours. As part-time, I get assigned two shifts per week (about 10 hours), and it's up to me to pick up the rest of the hours I may need to get the paycheck I want. I set my availability, so I don't get assigned to work when I really am unavailable.

ConsYou have to go in and set your availability as soon as you're hired. If you don't, you run the risk of getting assigned to shifts that you may not be able to work. Granted, you can always "advertise" your shift (meaning another associate can take it), but you may not be able to find the hours to make up for the shift that you had to give away. Even if you can work the hours you're assigned, they only schedule you for a certain number of hours, and you're responsible for picking up any additional hours you need, which may not be available. Full-time associates get first pick (on Friday), then part-time associates get sloppy seconds (on Saturday).

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your new hires walk away on their first day (training) with a schedule for the next two weeks! Also, make sure you take your new associates' availability and restrictions. It would be helpful to physically sit down with new associates to manually set their initial schedule, then walk them through the process of setting their own availability and schedules!

I've never met so many sneaky people in my life."

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Macy's full-time for less than a year

Pros: You get commission on your sales. Cons: Aggressive co-workers (sales), sneaky management, horrible security, and the hours. Advice to Senior Management: Please value and appreciate the opinions of your employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very sad place to work

AST (Former Employee)
Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros: You do get you're employee discount Cons: At the Macy's I worked at most of the people who had an office was very nasty to everyone else. They did not do the… Advice to Senior Management: All of the manager's need to really learn how to manages. All upper management needs to make sure… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macy's CEO Terry J. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees.