There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Some good days, some very frustrating days

I have been working at Macy's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on your supervisor, decent work life balance. Discount so-so but with coupons pretty good. Promotes from within, many different avenues to chose from.

Cons

Everything must be "expense neutral". Lay mans terms...we are going to give you a ton more work to do with less help/hours to do it. A few big bosses are downright rude and condescending.

Advice to Management

Get a grip....there are other smart people that work for Macy's, you aren't the only one. I'm not your secretary, you stick to driving service and I'll stick to driving sales.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Macy's has proven to be a Horrible company to work for, the absolute worst

Former Employee - District Planner in Joppa, MD
    Former Employee - District Planner in Joppa, MD

I worked at Macy's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Big company, with many career opportunities, but only if they like you, nothing to do with talent or skills

Cons

Macy's has the worst people in senior management, not in touch with reality.

Advice to Management

should care more about your associates

Just Don't

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Palm Desert, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount, scheduling is neat because it lets you pick up open shift and drop shifts you don't want. You meet some cool people, but there's just as many people you'd rather not...

Cons

The way this place works is they take the stores sales goal, and divide it by people on the floor. which becomes your sales goal. which if you're working in DKNY or Eileen Fisher or the brand areas is great! you're going to shine Every Single day! BUT if you end up in the department i was in. (old lady clothes/ clearence) You are never ever ever going to make your goal. people are getting shirts for $3 and then using 10 off 50 coupons, and the go backs are mountains in the clearance. they require you to make so many credit card applications a week... again clearance and old ladys... never going to get any... and then on top of the curse of the department my co workers were sneaky... You only get credit for sales if you're logged into the register so we all had our codes written down so when we ask if someone helped them they can punch it in... This never happened, I'd be on the floor doing all the work and the other lady would sit at the register and take all the sales! and if i was on the register she was "helping" all the customers because she said hi apparently. and... just DON'T!

Advice to Management

See above...