Macy's

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

no value for employees

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

misery loves company...they'll hire anyone.

Cons

No one cares about the mangement and they don't care about you.

start valuing your employees and they'll work for you.

5772 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Nightmare of a job. Highly dissatisfied

Former Employee - Merchandise Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Merchandise Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great discounts from both macys & Bloomingdales

Cons

Terrible leadership. HR not helpful and never around when you need them. People got promoted based on how friendly they are with their supervisors and not based on how good they are on the job. I was initially very excited to work for the company, but the hostile environment caused me much anguish so I quit without having a job lined up. I have a great job now and would never return to macys.

Provide real training to managers. They need to lead and gain the respect of their fellow employees. Video training is not a great method of training as managers leave the video on but are not paying attention and just doing something else. Managers have to let go of their egos and admit when they are wrong, having had a supervisor accuse me of everything was January nightmare. It is a sign when macys.com was their first job out of college and they grow with the company because of natural progression. They have no knowledge of how to be a great leader. Having so many Employees leave macys.com is not normal, only the terrible supervisors stay for years.

Very Misleading Company

Current Employee - Sales Supervisor
    Current Employee - Sales Supervisor

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Generally cooperative with scheduling, if you know management well, don't do much on the sales floor, sometimes you receive gratis

Cons

VERY poor pay, WAY overworked for nothing in return, Management looks down on you, nothing is ever good enough; they keep piling on tasks, sometimes catty environment, unruly customers that want everything for nothing, POOR work/life balance; you are a SLAVE, An overwhelming amount of sales, coupons, promotions... nothing ever makes sense, You will get passed up on advancement from people outside the company, even if you have seniority and education.

We are NOT your minions; start treating people equal. For such a well-known company, you pay awful and treat people like dirt. Cut the amount of coupons/sales, you are overwhelming associates and your customers, while creating a low-class clientele.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's