Macy's
2.9 of 5 4,168 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

In this school yard, the bullies rule.

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsThey seek out and hire great people. The culture is laid back and fun. The work is exciting and you get to see the results of your work online on the website. Their central location in the city, San Francisco, offers lots of diversions with easy access from BART.

ConsThere is a lot of potential at macys.com, what gets in the way are the people who feel that the only way to get projects done is to bully everyone into promising completely unrealistic expectations.There is a group of people who should lead but instead like to push their weight around and hold your reputation at bay if you cannot deliver on what they've already promised, however unrealistic. I saw it happen to many a good worker, over and over. My coworkers hesitated taking on projects because of the people they would be exposed to. There is no room to fail and learn because you will pay for any little thing. Unless of course, you can blame it on someone else.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR hires some really good people, look at why they all leave. In the time that I was there, we lost some really good key people because of politics. If you really want to be a "tech place to work at" weed out the bad management and pay your tech people more, let them learn from their mistakes instead of allowing your management to just give them the cold shoulder until they leave.

Analyst

New York, NY

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company is at the forefront of the retail industry- many… Cons: Lack of transparency with HR & superiors in regards to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Macy's

I have been working at Macy's

Pros: Great Discounts, good people, nice environment! Cons: extremely low pay, busy during holidays! More
There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macy's CEO Terry J. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees.