Macy's
2.9 of 5 3,592 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

The MAGIC of Macy's...but really we have a solid customer base and don't really care about our customer service.

Tysons Corner, VA

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

ProsThe one pro is that I did have a decent manager when I worked in my home section. You could also pick up shifts in other areas, but I never had a good experience with that.

ConsAll sales associates have sales goals, fine ok. However they usually pair you up on a register and if you're working with someone who really takes their goal beyond serious then you will never sell a single dollar worth of merchandise. They also don't want to do anything about sales associates that are like that, which made it very difficult. They cared less about customer service and more about you making your goal.

One day I was working down in men's, they had me switch departments for my last 30 minutes of my shift. The lady they put me with was terrible and shoved me in the fitting room. So I did and when I was in there I realized there were hundreds of pins on the floor from the men's shirts. When I finally saw the manager again I asked if there was anything I could do as I didn't want someone to step on them...or you know people with children going in there. She told me it was not my problem and to go back to work.

Another big issue with me was my schedule. They have you put in your availability and preferred hours. I really just wanted to work Saturdays and in my interview I said I wanted to work around 10 hours/week. That was fine when they hired me but I kept getting pressure to take on more hours...Anyways they system would put out the schedule and then someone would go in and manually add hours during my normal work hours at my other job!

I have about a thousand more complaints about working there during my three month time. But those are the major ones. I use to work for JCP during college and believe me they are far more customer service orientated than Macys will probably ever be. And I worked with a lot nicer people!

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome more customer service orientated. Have it be more important to get a genuine thank you from a customer than meeting a sales or credit goal, I bet you'd actually see an increase in sales.

Horrible

Miami, FL

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Coworkers and not bad discount Cons: Horrible Management not enough money Advice to Senior Management: more respects No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Disappointed.

Portland, OR

I have been working at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros: They have a great discount for employees Cons: Rude staff Lack of leadership Tiny and confusing store Small selection of clothing Outrageous… Advice to Senior Management: Be nicer to people who go in for an interview.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macy's CEO Terry J. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees.