There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

My experience with Macys was decent as a stepping stone

I worked at Macy's

Pros

I met alot of wonderful people I was able to keep friendships with and network with to further myself in my career.

Cons

I dislike the scorecard system that Macy's uses to judge and control their employees. Employees are rated as numbers instead of human beings. And the point system promotes no job security or flexibility for anyone.

4885 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

season sale associate

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I could sign up for whatever hours i wanted, there was no minimum or maximum that was required of me. I also didn't have to ask for days off.

Cons

very little direction from anyone, i was trained for a single day and then just put out there on my own. not easy at all for a first job.

do some more sales floor training and be more available if employees need direction or anything.

Cut, Cut, Cut

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Innovators in the market. Always ahead of the trend. Socially conscious.

Cons

Lured in with promise of advancement. Very difficult to move up, especially if you aren't buddies with the DVP. Long hours with dwindling staffing resources adding to an already full workload. They talk work-life balance but rarely allow it to happen.

Put the breaks on cutting hours from staffing. The sales and merch associates already work hard enough. Customer service gets sacrificed and your salaried team is left making up the difference. Add back to staffing to allow your teams time to plan and learn vs scramble to get the basics done. It will allow new ideas to emerge and drive increased sales and employee engagement.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's