There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Hard work but great learning opportunity

Current Employee - Group Sales Manager  in  Daly City, CA
Current Employee - Group Sales Manager in Daly City, CA

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

Best place to learn about retail with exposure to a variety of products and vendors. The work gets "too hands-on" sometimes, but it really is what it takes to learn so next time you will know how to manage through the process/big picture.

Cons

Pay can be a little bit more competitive considering the level of stress (especially during holidays) and the frequent over-8-hour days, monthly performance-based bonus would be really nice.

Enhance training program for new employees, both associate and management (beyond technical training and sales standard, budget hours for formal shadowing/training-on-floor) so they can be more productive when they actually start.

4618 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Seasonal Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Great discount and flexible hours. I received either 20 or 30% off (I forget exactly which it was). Because I was seasonal, I was able to say what hours I could and cannot work and it made it easier to manage my personal life.

Cons

I was payed $7 an hour. I thought that was a horrible seasonal wage. I only took it b/c I was able to take advantage of the discount. Christmas shopping was almost all done at Macys. :)

I felt ignored and unappreciated because the seasonal associated weren't treated as all the others. I felt out of place and as though I was a stranger.

Macy's is on the way to being outstanding...

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

Macy's is a well-known company, and it is a fun place to work at. Generally speaking, most of the people you will work with are friendly, and the customers generally have good intentions. Also, the consistency of how the store runs is comforting, especially since each store employs so many people- you meet so many people working there!

Cons

Credit card opening- abilities are stressed, and if you are unsuccessful or feel bashful about asking people to open an account (no matter what the economic climate), you will probably hear about this fact on a regular basis.

Put equal stress on customer service abilites and the credit-card opening abilities.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!