Macy's

Executive Development Program

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Macy's full-time

Pros

Macy's is an amazing company to work for. You are part of a sheltered team as an "EDP," which means as long as you keep in communication with the necessary people, the company will help you advance to where you want to be. HR and management cares a lot about your growth, whether it is beneficial or detrimental to the store you're at. If you are currently placed in X store as a sales manager but find yourself more interested in operations, visual, or even .com, there will be someone helping you plan your next move.

In terms of the work environment, it differs from store to store. The bigger the store, the more resources you get. The top execs, are usually the most polite, professional, and helpful people, which may be because they've gone through years of dealing with customers as associates and sales managers to get to where they are now. It is also a great place to network. Many top HRs of other big companies are recruited from Macy's.

Cons

Retail hours. Enough said. It will take some getting used to. Only bright side to it is that you have the rest of the management team to suffer with.

Have a rotational program.

5289 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Great place to work for

I have been working at Macy's as an intern

Pros

Great spirit at the company

Cons

Low salaries at entry level

n/a

Decent part time job

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Hanover, MA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Hanover, MA

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Coworkers were really nice. I learned about retail sales; my first job of that type. Employee discounts are nice if you like to shop, but I don't.

Cons

I didn't really love the training. The pay wasn't great, but it gave me some money when I needed it. Not sure if there is any opportunity to move up.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's