Macy's

Star Selling Ambassador

Current Employee - SSA/Seasonal Manager
Current Employee - SSA/Seasonal Manager

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

This is a good job to help enter into retail managment. You can get a taste and then decide if you want to pursue it further. Responsiblities include supervising employees, driving sales and credit goals, and resolving minor customer difficulties.

Cons

Work/life balance doesn't exist. The pay is not competitive. Think of it more as an internship than a job.

SSAs need more training than regular seasonal associates. Don't send SSAs out with a red badge without explaining clearly how to use register overrides and call for assistance. More training on managment judgement calls is necessary. The training in general is lacking. It doesn't prepare associates to deal with plenty things, such as proper demeanor toward customers, or what to do if there is an accident or emergency in the store.

5525 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Pros and cons

Current Employee - Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

I am a mother of a 12 year old, and I need to focus on her education. I am working on part time and this gives me flexible hours.So I get a feeling that I am also working and at the same time I am not
    woking throughout the week so I still have time to help with my daughters projects and test.I do all my shoping in Macys on the daysI go to work so I dont have to go separately for shoping.I can use my coupons on top of twenty percent employee discont.During holiday season we get to open thanks for sharing applications and in this I earn almost 500 dollars macy money which I can use for my christmas shoping.Because I work there I know when the products hit rock bottom prices and i save lot of money by buying the products at the right time.This is not a great place for good earning but a good place if you consider your work as a passtime since my earning covers my monthly macys bill and also almost cover my daughters extra curricular fees.

'
    n

Cons

Definitely not a place to earn good.If you work in the clothing section ,recovery of the floor kills you and you sincerely feel you are not paid enough for the work you are doing.Managers dont help you a lot in recovery.

Managers need to help in the recovery of the floor on the big sale sale day.At the end of the day they are paid more for associates hard work.

macys east

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

macy's offers many different shifts to work, so there is flexibility; great opportunities for associates to shop with discounts--generous employee discount, macys money, coupons are now allowed.

Cons

Unclear and everchanging coupons & promotions--best to offer customer low price and throw in a coupon every so often; breakdown in information from managment to sales floor; lack of passion

It seems that when management asks what can be done different, better, customer requests that the question is asked because they are suppossed to--it does not seem they really care or will follow up. Please take the time to go back to those who gave you the feedback and let them know if did not fall on deaf ears!

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's