There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

combination of unions + macy's poor employee treatment will provide a very unpleasant place to work.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros

great customer interactions, commission, meeting new people.

Cons

-Treat you like a thief at all times
-Upon exiting, security will steal your property from you, and refuses to accept electronic receipt or proof of bank purchasing(illegal) even though its the promoted form of proof of payment via macy's.
-poor training
-most managers hold their noses up to lower level employees as if they are a lesser form of a human being
-Unions jump on macy's stores to siphon the paychecks of the low wage workers. union provides very little benefit to the majority of the employees, while literally robbing employees of their earnings even though our city and state bylaws already protect us of everything unions allege to be useful for. Unions also force you to join, or they fire you. No option to opt out(illegal) and they steal fees from seasonal employees whom are further exempt from any union benefits(also illegal)

this is advice for the company management, not dept managers.

learn how to fight off these disgusting thieves in disguise called "unions".

offer employees the protections and security a union may allegedly otherwise provide.

negotiate with your employees instead of allowing unions to rob the company and its employees

accept all proof of payments that your company serves, and stop treating all your employees like thieves, it's belittling. and its also illegal to steal the property that was transferred to an employees legal possession upon payment of the item, it does not matter if policy requires paper receipt, the law is the law, and stealing from employees and refusing proof of payment you offer at checkout constitutes as theft.

4663 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Do not waste your time.

I worked at Macy's

Pros

no pros all cons it is a toxic small minded adolescent bag of crap. I would not recommend this infantile, immature, poorly run excuse for a business to my worst enemy. And yes I was a high ranking executive.

Cons

small minded troglodytes, pay sucks, people sucks, small minded, bad business model, no training, just a bad career move for anyone with a soul.

rebuild your business model is as dated as your merchandise

Good job if you're in school

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Macy's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible, great discounts, easy dress code, and weekly pay. Good job if you're looking to make some extra cash!

Cons

Low pay, hard to move up in the company ,and mandatory days around the holidays.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!