There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Macy's is a horrible place to work !

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Torrance, CA
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Torrance, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

In my opinion there aren't any pros unless you like rarely working.

Cons

Wells at Macy's you schedule your own hours if you are part time. if you are full time they automatically get 40 hours. if you are part time it is so hard to get hours since you have to get them yourself on the my schedule plus site. you'll be lucky if you 12 hours a week ! They pressure you to be aggressive to the customers which can run the customers off. They also give you super high sales goal and blame you if you don't reach it as if you can force customers to spend money on things they don't want. It's too competitive. Its also very hard to get a raise of get moved to a higher position. They usually just hire a new person if a higher position opens instead of just moving a employee they already have up.

reviews filtered by
  1. Worst place I ever worked

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Capitola, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Capitola, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I worked here in college and it was awful. The only pro is the employee discount, but you make so little money that you can't really afford to buy anything, anyway. Also, it motivated me to get a real job. So, thanks for that.

Cons

Making basically minimum wage, and being treated with constant suspicion. Getting watched constantly over security cameras, who tell on you even for non-security related issues (one time because a coworker came up and started talking to me at the register). Snotty management. Working retail is already bad, this is the worst.

2. Waste of time

I worked at Macy's

Pros

-20% Associate discount
    -You can wear whatever you want to work
    -Free parking

Cons

-unorganized
    -unprofessional
    -doesn't E-Verify
    -doesn't verify employment
    -doesn't check references
    -if you're a drug dealer, user, felon, gang member or you just got out of jail then you will feel right at home

Advice to Management

Get with the program before DHS shuts you down! You're making the Macy's brand look horrible!

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's