Macy's

www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Macy's is a horrible place to work !

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Torrance, CA
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Torrance, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

In my opinion there aren't any pros unless you like rarely working.

Cons

Wells at Macy's you schedule your own hours if you are part time. if you are full time they automatically get 40 hours. if you are part time it is so hard to get hours since you have to get them yourself on the my schedule plus site. you'll be lucky if you 12 hours a week ! They pressure you to be aggressive to the customers which can run the customers off. They also give you super high sales goal and blame you if you don't reach it as if you can force customers to spend money on things they don't want. It's too competitive. Its also very hard to get a raise of get moved to a higher position. They usually just hire a new person if a higher position opens instead of just moving a employee they already have up.

5461 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Great people but demanding and very seasonal

Current Employee - Logistics & Operations in Cheshire, CT
    Current Employee - Logistics & Operations in Cheshire, CT

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a lot of growth for those people who are willing to come in and work hard. Since the company is so large there are jobs nation wide as well.

Cons

Heavily favor management over associates. Managers get all the benefits. For the holiday we got granola bars and small candy canes and they got free lunch for 2 weeks and a Christmas party. Pay is also pretty terrible, benefits are lacking.

People arn't widgets

Decent part time job

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Hanover, MA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Hanover, MA

I worked at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Coworkers were really nice. I learned about retail sales; my first job of that type. Employee discounts are nice if you like to shop, but I don't.

Cons

I didn't really love the training. The pay wasn't great, but it gave me some money when I needed it. Not sure if there is any opportunity to move up.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's