Macy's

www.macysinc.com

Regional structure

Regional (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAutonomous , collaberation with stores. Various teams. Provides GMM scope of business, if you use position correctly your knowledge base of retail grows substantially among many different operating pros.

ConsAs a regional planning manager you are responsible for everything with authority over very little. Interaction with central decision makers can be positive or negative it depends on the GMM. Sometimes it seems you are responsible for store execution, and other times reprimands for getting out of your lane.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe old school leadership by fear still remains based on legacy individuals.

It was a learning experience, but I did expect more.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Macy's

Pros: Great people that work there Cons: To much inconsistency in merchandising More

Meet great people.

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Meet a diverse customer and associate base. Lots of recognition! Excellent give… Cons: Difficult to advance. The more people you socialize with the more likely you are to… Advice to Senior Management: Stand for our values and look at results before promoting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!