Macy's

www.macysinc.com
  www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

I loved it the first year I was there, but then it got too much. They force your to alway open credit cards.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Scheduling is flexible and most of the people are nice

Cons

They don't treat their employees very well

5267 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

A computer calling the shots.

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

We are very fortunate to be members of a retail union. As a result, our wages tend to be a bit higher than most hourly employees.

Cons

Since implementation of the MSP computerized scheduling, coverage is a mess. Too many associates one day and not enough, on a busy day. Allowing unplaced seasonals to ONLY pick up shifts tends to leave the lousy ones to the regulars. Also, there is pressure ALL THE TIME to eliminate our true (ish) full-time hours (37.5). Since the "contraction" in '08 when many of our supports teams were let go, much of that work falls to sales associates.

END MSP! Restore full-time jobs so we can make a living. Also, our customers have an expectation of excellent service and product knowledge ...

Great Job for Entry Level Position.

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Customers, discount and sales are okay. Macy Money is great. Scheduling is fantastic, as well as attendance credits.

Cons

Pay is Terrible, and opportunities for raises are few and far between, with the raises themselves being incredibly low. Management can either be super friendly or super rude/condescending. Forces you to open an Macy's credit card for your discount. Loss Prevention is decidedly white washed, and targets people of color.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's