There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

go anywhere else

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Lake Grove, NY
Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Lake Grove, NY

I have been working at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros

The only reason to work there is for the discount

Cons

Erratic hours. No idea of schedule from week to week. Customer interaction and reliability had no bearing on review. The only thing that management cares about is how many charges you open. The fact that you may work in a dept. that only elderly customers shop in and they already have a charge is not taken into account. The fact that customers constantly praise you to your manager will not get you a higher raise. Pay is only eight dollars an hour. The new my client policy is absolutely ridiculous considering that many employees are only promised eight hours a week. Store constantly being run short staffed.

A regular schedule would be nice. Employees have lives. Since you expect us to dress well, have product knowledge, take responsibility for the selling floor, I think the pay should be higher than the local grocer. Quite frankly, I have never been treated this badly before in my life. Realize that at some point, after attaining a loyal customer base, you will not have many people opening charges as they would have one if they wanted one. I sometimes feel that we are harassing the customer. You should really treat your employees better. Believe it or not I am your target customer. I live in a family where the income is twice the national average and I have dependent children. Many of my co workers are in the same position, yet we get treated like crap. When I quit the place. (Which can happen at any time since I don't depend on this crappy salary), I will not be shopping there ever again.

4628 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Sunglass Hut Macy's Employee

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Double dip discounts. I got my sunglass discount AND Macy's.

Cons

The store is filthy I asked the office to have the cleaning crew clean my carpets, or at least vacuum them, and my manager and all the other employees talked *poop* about me. I did the same thing with the temperature in the store. They keep it at about 80 and expect you to look put together in nice clothes.

Pay is awful. Stores are gross. Your inventory is basically generic store brands and no sale I had was without a coupon. Too many sales and customers hate how much fine print the coupons have.

Horrible

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros

The Discount, meeting new people, and if you don't have credit, it will help you get some.

Cons

Too Much Pressure on the employees to open accounts... and adding people to the system to get the info.. kinda creepy...

STOP BEING SO PUSHY WITH THE ACCOUNTS, if they don't want to open, LEAVE THEM ALONE

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!