Macy's

www.macysinc.com
  www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Loss Prevention department it a horrible place to work.

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Associate in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Loss Prevention Associate in Seattle, WA

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The store is a great place t shop and they have a nice employee discount and their salaries are very competitive.

Cons

Training and development is almost nonexistent. Many employees have been there forever and not very welcoming to new hires. Senior management is clueless.

Stop playing favorites and treat all employees fairly.

5267 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Great Coworker, Greedy Company

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Brea, CA

I worked at Macy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with my coworkers; they were my inspiration to come work when I didn't feel like it.

Cons

After working there for a little more than a year in a half, they fired my in January due to "abusing my employee discount" which "caused loss" to the company. The Loss Prevention department interrogated me as if I did something very terrible, and they interrogated my former coworkers, who were also fired, in a similar manner. After being let go, I found out that Macy's was letting go of over 2500 employees around the nation in order to make $100 million more this year...and you wonder why unemployment continues to be high; corporate greed!!! So I came to the conclusion that Macy's had to have a reason to fire people in a way that it would seem like the employee was the cause of their termination; and what is the easiest thing that they can accuse an employee of....allowing others to use their employee discount. And because "I" was the cause of my termination, I wonder what my chances will be to receive unemployment. Sneaky, huh? My family some of my friends are no longer shopping there. They do no appreciate most of their employees, we're disposable to the company. I hope Macy's loses more than they expect to gain this year. Oh, and if a friend or family member wants to use your discount, make sure they give you cash (no credit/debit cards).

I'm sure manager's were aware of the scheme, but they only care about saving their a$$. I wish someone on the internal side would speak up because this is wrong. Managers allow others to use their discount too (I know this personally), but they know how to cover their a$$.

I sold merchandise and offered customers outstanding service

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fair Oaks, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Fair Oaks, VA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

working with people everyday becomes a habit

Cons

salary is not much but it is low

equal opportunity is a fair principle

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's