Macy's
2.9 of 5 3,582 reviews
www.macysinc.com Cincinnati, OH 5000+ Employees

If you want to be in retail, a good place to work.

Planner (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Macy's

ProsYou are at one of the biggest retail companies in the U.S. , ability to learn the industry at a fast pace. Decent Salary to start. Plently of roles to move laterally but can get stuck vertically unless someone else gets promoted or resigns.

ConsVery resistant to change and they are stuck in a 1980's mindset. Retail industry downturn has affected salary increases and bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and stop spending millions on consultants and new systems that have been ineffective. My Macy's strategy is ineffective.

Macy's Midwest

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Greenwood, IN

I worked at Macy's

Pros: Managers are easy to work with. There aren't too many rules (mostly common sense) and it's a fun… Cons: During big sales, a lot of workers are made to work the same day so everyone is… Advice to Senior Management: Please get to know your co-workers a little more before you judge them. Listen to their problems with the workplace and don't… More

Stocking and Maintenance. Store Up-keep.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Decatur, GA

I worked at Macy's

Pros: The employee discount given on Macy's merchandise was cool. Thats about the only thing I can think of. Or if you like to be around… Cons: The Macy's I worked at was very disorganized. When I came in to work the first couple days, it was never clear what I was… Advice to Senior Management: Seasonal employees should be offered long term employment opportunities based… More

There are newer reviews on Macy's.

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Macy's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Macy's CEO Terry J. Lundgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Macy's employees.