There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Sales

Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, OK
Current Employee - Sales in Saint Louis, OK

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun
Pick own hours
Easy work
See cute clothes

Cons

Pay
No hours

reviews filtered by
  1. Would be 5 stars but I have a few issues with H

Former Employee - Clinique
    Former Employee - Clinique

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My schedule plus is AWESOME! Allows you to swap shifts with employees online and allows you to pick up and drop shifts as you please.
    Management is decent, nice friendly staff for the most part.
    Fun awards and challenges throughout the year that are pretty obtainable.

Cons

HR is awful. I was fired for messing up on a Macys credit card application! After a year of consistent sales. I now work for Nordstrom and its much better.
    Union job is somewhat of a con for me.

2. Poorly run company to work for.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Macy's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work wasn't hard and it was enjoyable getting to talk to people.

Cons

The store was always under-staffed, the pay was bogus (after taxes I made less than minimum wage), the management wasn't helpful, and many of the associates were lazy/incompetent/rude.

There isn't a mechanism in place to fire people immediately if they don't show up for their shift... which is pretty crazy considering every other job on the planet would do that if you just decided not to show up for work. I can't tell you how many times I blew off my shift because all I would lose were a few "attendance points" and nothing would actually happen. Also, scheduling people to work should rest with the managers in the store and not with managers higher up. I can't tell you how many times we were under-staffed or over-staffed because upper management didn't realize that the actual store managers should do the scheduling. In my opinion, management is far too lenient with lazy/rude associates. If customers frequently complain about an associate being rude to them, why do you keep them on?? It's a burden on all of us when there are associates who treat customers poorly and we are left to pick up the pieces. Also, the flex team is a nice idea but in reality it means you have a lot of people working in departments they know nothing about.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's