Sales

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Hours varied and could trade with other associates

Cons

Pay was poor and no product training

Advice to Management

More product training

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Terrible place to work

Current Employee - Women's Shoes Sales in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Women's Shoes Sales in Brea, CA

I have been working at Macy's

Pros

Pay is decent for what the job is, basically if you aren't a total idiot and work hard, you can make some decent money.

Cons

Terrible benefits. I had a child after working over a year here. I had not taken a vacation since my hire date, and I thought I'd have accrued at least a week of vacation. I was told I had three days total vacation, and of those three days, I was allowed to take 1 1/2 of those during my leave for pay. Absolutely worst vacation policy I have ever seen Managers - there are too many managers per store, and when you need one, you can never find one. They have a phone that you may or may not be able to get a hold of. Completely unorganized Long hours - typical of retail, but Macy's in general feels terrible compared to other retailers I've worked for.

Advice to Management

Completely restructure the management system, with less quantity and more quality managers. Use the money you save on managers to provide a decent benefits package, with more recognition to employees

2. Life wasn't awful, but I knew there was better out there

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Macy's

Pros

There was a great discount and I liked my coworkers. I was proud of the Macy's name how it was growing while I was there.

Cons

They pay less than most companies and there wasn't much interaction among the departments. Most software was developed for Macy's so it is not real world experience you can take with you.

Advice to Management

I think they should use mainstream software and compensate employees better as motivation to reach their full potenial. so many people there are complacent because they don't have enough motivation to grow.