Macy's

www.macysinc.com
  www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

I regret applying for this company. I liked shopping here but working here has really changed my perspective.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate, Part Time in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate, Part Time in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best part of this job is connecting with the customers and helping them find items for certain occasions. The scheduling system is automated, therefore, able to pick up additional shifts in other departments if you like.

Cons

Management needs to be improved! As a Retail Sales Associate, you are given daily sales goals. You are expected to do go backs on the floor.However, if there is a lot of customers, other associates are at the register you will not get a chance to ring up customers and therefore not meet your goal. Manager says, "We work as a team and alternate register time." That was not the case when I was working and that day, I did not make my goal while the other associates made over their goal.

It is very disorganized. Do not have two people who have worked there less than a week close a register because we are not experienced in doing so.. Also, I did not know I had to be "released" from the shift after closing. Why? Nobody informed me. When a lady came and asked after closing, if we were doing okay (closing register) she was very sarcastic.! She said I was supposed to say, "Yes, we are doing okay" It was only my third day. Perhaps if training was better, I would have known this information.

5288 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

This was probably a great company to work for at one time

I have been working at Macy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

employee discount, flexible schedule for students or people with another full time job

Cons

management and some sales associates treat the back of house employees like disposable garbage, high turnover, too much pressure on sales people to meet very unrealistic sales and credit goals, this is not a place to work to earn a living wage so it is best for retired people or people with another source of income, the only training consists of some useless videos to watch for two days, brand new associates that wander around lost and confused because no other employee has the time or desire to train newbees, disengaged supervisors, if you do happen to get lucky enough to train with someone, they can be just as clueless as you, coworkers often disappear for hours at a time, can be a very cliquey environment which can make newer associates feel uncomfortable and hesitant to ask for help, the equipment is faulty which makes it very difficult to complete work under a time constraint, no benefits for part time/flex, you may or may not get any lunches or breaks, job is ok for people that already have considerable retail/customer service experience (like me) but God help you if you don't, I was told that a lot of new employees often walk off the job or never come back for their second day because of the disorganization, no camaraderie among co workers, back of house employees can be a bit gritty and difficult to work with or get along with

train employees better before they hit the floor, consider utilizing a mentor/shadow program for new associates, maintain equipment better

Modern Day Slavery

I have been working at Macy's part-time

Pros

The only reason to work here besides getting a paycheck is the discount.

Cons

Macys doesn't care about their employees. We're just an extension of the POS. They try to stress you out day in and day out about credits and sales. Most of the time there aren't any customers and people don't want macy's cards because of the high interest rate. The coupons are nice but nothing is worth the interest. If you get sick or have an emergency where you can't come they're not understanding about it.They act as if they don't want you have a life outside of working there. Its the worst place ever to work.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's