Macy's

www.macysinc.com
  www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Terrible place to work at

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Towson, MD
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Towson, MD

I worked at Macy's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Myfellow coworkers were fun to work with, for the most part
Job was simple, and easy to understand
Hours were plentiful because of the winter season

Cons

The management was terrible and nasty
Not much room to grow
Lots of gossip going around for a department store

Be nicer to employees
Lose the "holier than thou" attitude
You set rules, you should follow them
Stop being rude to the customer

5267 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Most heart blackening experience ever!

Former Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Cosmetics Counter Manager in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Macy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gratis from working with Dior counter and double discount days. Meeting new people and learning new things from Dior. My Dior experience was wonderful but Macy's is a joke.

Cons

Sales manager had no clue about anything except how to bullie us. She made a counter manager cry everyday last summer during our slow months here in florida. I was a counter manager but had no one to manage. I ran the counter by myself and was told in my interview I would have a part timer which after I started I was told I would have to sell 3k a week to get a part timer. They are always changing your goals once you meet or beat them and even if you sell 200% or more to your goal and are an "extreme seller" like I was you will still be harassed and talked down to unless you open 2 or more credits a week. Most women in that dept are sneaky and sharky. Dishonest and two faced people are what you are surrounded by all day. Let's take a minute to talk about the prepaid Macy's account they offer. They did not account for my double discount in December properly and are now saying I owe almost 300! How does that happen with a prepaid account?!!! They are scam artist. Macy's money another scam.... open a credit or win a magic story prize and get $3 off a $6 purchase... so now you gotta spend that money in their store... but wait what's that? Oh just the Macy's money showing up as a form of income on my check that I am now being taxed on... after paying sales tax on the purchase I made with it. Top it all off with the fact that the charities they work with are all the top worst ones in the country as far as what % of the donation actually goes to the said cause. Macy's takes at least 60% if most of the money collected from these promotions. What a joke. Sell your soul to the devil and maybe you will succeed in this company.

Fire everyone and rebuild your company with some damn ethics!

Low pay, no hours, favoritism.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employee discount( if you get hours to buy things)

Cons

Lowest wages in retail, absolutely no hours (about 10 to 14 hours a week at minim wage)
    Favoritism, blatant discrimination, upper management will always side with the discriminate, and cover for the discriminate supervisor or lead. Open hiring interview I told the hiring manager that I needed at least 25 hours a weekend was told I would get it, past two months averaged 14 hours a week, so they also lie!
    Make employees work Thanksgiving day-since I am part time I do not get time and a half for any holidays worked.

You want excellent fast hard working people then pay them a descent wages!!!!
    Ever heard of HAPPY WORKER IS A GOOD WORKER.
    Stop promoting only females for advancement!!!!!!!!!!
    This place has never heard of experience, dedication or work ethic!!!
    Promoted female to a lead position and she has been late at least once a week and has called out at least 4 times since I've worked there. I have never called out and have never been late, with over 6 years of managerial experience, but I am a male associate so I get left behind

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's