There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

It's better than working at any other retail store.

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Newark, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Newark, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time for less than a year

Pros

you get to use the employee discount and dress professionally

Cons

You have to meet the sales goal and loyalties per week

4655 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Okay Job With Okay Pay

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Very flexible. As a part time associate the hours are great. Don't have to stay after store hours like other retail stores

Cons

Minimum wage. Management was horrible. They showed favoritism to older employees didn't pay attention to newer employees. Expected you to know everything about the store with very little training.

Unimpressive

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Newington, NH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Newington, NH

I worked at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros

I can pick my own hours with flex scheduling, and usually there's 20-30 to pick from each week. Work is fairly easy. You can try on cosmetics and it's really fun to learn all about the makeup.

Cons

At just above minimum wage, the pay is unimpressive. They don't train you. You watch 8 hours of videos in the HR office, but then when you're on the floor, you're pretty much thrown to the wolves, which results in both awkward and embarrassing situations. I had to close my section of the store ALONE the first night I worked, not knowing how to close the register or when or how I could leave the store. Some of the associates were great, while others were rude and standoffish - acting as if being an employee of Macy's for 5+ years is an accomplishment, and as such, they don't need to associate with new workers.

Train people on the floor, especially for their first week or two. Give them a seasoned and understanding associate rather than hanging them out to dry on their own. More emphasis on product knowledge would also be appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!