Macy's

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

amazing

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Macy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

the paycheck, employee discount, weekly checks, friendships with employees

Cons

customers were rude most of the time

the upper management should be more acknowledging

5267 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

You can make any money

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discount is nice with the friends and family discount.

Cons

They only hire flex so you have to beg other people to give you the hours they don't want. Ends with sucky shifts. All they want you to do is push there Macys cards to every customer and only compinsate you that with one dollar per person.

Stop playing favorites to people that don't want to work.

Nightmare

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Salem, NH

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good company discount, great uniform requirements for wearing black.

Cons

You are on your own. Very little meaningful training. Claim to have ethical standards but don't exist in reality.

The unions will come calling. There is no leadership to speak of. Some people, it must be noted, have been in retail too long. Easy come, easy go with the pay scale. Affects bottom line in ways that can't normally be measured. People treat each other horribly! Senior managers are respectful. Some younger managers are respectful. The more "seasoned" managers have a rough edge that is bound to steer good people away. I consider myself lucky. I lasted 4 shifts before I realized it just wasn't going to work. Cut throat tactics in commissioned departments. I was taking orders from other associates, shift managers, managers, and people in other departments. I was told i had no reason to know about the Chanel products I would be selling in cosmetics and that I could not ring anything up since the queen arrived on her shift. She waited on three customers and told me to walk around and help other counters out. I was assigned to Chanel. It would make a good Saturday Night Live comedy skit if people weren't dependent upon the job for income. I worked in children's ringing and was badgered all day by the recovery person that she "had so much work". If she had spent less time complaining and more time working she wouldn't have felt so overwhelmed. The kicker is the first time she met me and worked with me she wanted a ride home. I called the supervisor over as I needed assistance. Instead of asking how she could help she started yelling about the second register being closed. She wasn't smart enough to ask what she could assist me with, which happened to be a price issue, not the line that was forming as a result of my problem. She was a heller and a screamer with no intention of finding out what was going on. I don't know how anyone else feels but I certainly don't like working for people like that. Then she sent the recovery girl over to help me close and by that time I was exhausted and couldn't imagine with how poorly she did her job ( I was told she knew the department well, but she DID NOT LEFT A FINGER TO ASSIST ME when I asked her to) I sent her on her way promptly so I wouldn't have to give her a ride home. A move I was yelled at once again by someone who never introduced herself to me nor bothered to ask me what I needed. It's a dysfunctional environment and I'm glad I got out sooner than later.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's