Macy's

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Everyone was quite horrible

Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Rockville, MD

I worked at Macy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I remember the person next to me at the register was great. Plus employee benefits. I got discounts on a lot of things.

Cons

They fired the person next to me whom I liked and then I had this foreign woman who didn't speak English next to me. I had to help her with the register and with what the customers wanted! Plus the managers were very unfair. Everyone was so competitive and they gave out working hours unfairly. We weren't treated with dignity, and none of the teams were tight-knit like I hoped for.

5288 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Exhausting

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a great effort to create a positive and learning atmosphere. The people in the trenches are generally great people to work with.

Cons

There is little concern for work/life balance. The amount of hours you put in as an exempt employee only increases and forget about seeing family during the Holidays. Also your development and advancement entirely depends on who your store manager is, as does the execution of company culture. Compensation is severely lacking, the best way to get a raise is to get promoted.

Become more accessible to the people on your front lines. They don't get that when asked about Senior Management who that really is, they think it is the Store Manager.

Lost track

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Macy's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, great customers , few years ago, good eviroment to work, good traing, not any more, too many cuts, one person do the job of five people

Cons

The only thing that they care about is star rewards meaning opening credit cards, that's how Macy's is surviving nowadays.
    Credit card interest, and when the customer dont use the card for a month (no balance) they get a charche of two dollars , just to keep the account open, not telling the customer.
    Macys is always contributing with good causes....not really. .they ask the customer for "donations" ,but the reality is that they sell you a coupon wich have a lot of restrictions to be used later, just for you to make that donation, so the can proclaim that THEY are charity sponsors, then comes the tax break for them!!!

Treat your employees as human beings, better pay, more respect, please dont offer us false expectations about better pay, carrier advancements or future of the company.
    Right now most of your associates are discourage and down.
    You are trying to keep the company afloat, but at the end remember, that the biggest treasure that macy's have is their EMPLOYEES because THEY ARE THE FACE OF MACY'S

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's