There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Everyone was quite horrible

Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Rockville, MD

I worked at Macy's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I remember the person next to me at the register was great. Plus employee benefits. I got discounts on a lot of things.

Cons

They fired the person next to me whom I liked and then I had this foreign woman who didn't speak English next to me. I had to help her with the register and with what the customers wanted! Plus the managers were very unfair. Everyone was so competitive and they gave out working hours unfairly. We weren't treated with dignity, and none of the teams were tight-knit like I hoped for.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not the best job ever

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Phila, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Phila, PA

I have been working at Macy's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best thing about working at Macy's is providing customer service and meeting the expectations of the customer.

Cons

Under paid for all the work managment expect from us.

Advice to Management

Attendance credits needs to be evaluated better, some people are not getting credits when they are due. Speaking to management is not helping resolve the issue.

2. Don't work here unless you HAVE to

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Macy's part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Rewards for doing well, very flexible schedule, lots of perks for employees, comprehensive training program

Cons

Minimum wage pay despite experience, not enough hours to go around, way too much competition, too much pressure to get credit applications (not to mention, my manager told me to LIE to people to get them to apply for credit cards, to tell them it was a Rewards Program and that they'd "figure it out on their own". I refuse to do this because it is unethical)

Advice to Management

For a company that is so focused on customer service and MAKING MAGIC, they sure don't mind LYING to their customers. Disgusting. How about treating the customer in a way YOU'D like to be treated?

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's