There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Everyone was quite horrible

Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate  in  Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in Rockville, MD

I worked at Macy's part-time for more than a year

Pros

I remember the person next to me at the register was great. Plus employee benefits. I got discounts on a lot of things.

Cons

They fired the person next to me whom I liked and then I had this foreign woman who didn't speak English next to me. I had to help her with the register and with what the customers wanted! Plus the managers were very unfair. Everyone was so competitive and they gave out working hours unfairly. We weren't treated with dignity, and none of the teams were tight-knit like I hoped for.

4618 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Too many cooks in the kitchen

I worked at Macy's full-time

Pros

20% Associate Discount.
    Summer Fridays.
    Denim Days on Fridays.

Cons

In some of the corporate functions there are too many support roles which have only created more work for all. However, in other corporate functions of the company there are too many people and positions and a common perception is that they have way too much time on their hands.
    Leadership does not engage or motivate.

Examine all jobs roles and responsibilities to ensure that they are worth the corporate expense.
    Examine functions where there's a wide range of salary being given due to diverse talent pool filling the groups. There should not be a large range in salaries within a specific job title. Salaries should be adjusted to be in a tighter range so that it is more fair to all (which might mean salary reduction)

Lost track

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Macy's full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Friendly co-workers, great customers , few years ago, good eviroment to work, good traing, not any more, too many cuts, one person do the job of five people

Cons

The only thing that they care about is star rewards meaning opening credit cards, that's how Macy's is surviving nowadays.
    Credit card interest, and when the customer dont use the card for a month (no balance) they get a charche of two dollars , just to keep the account open, not telling the customer.
    Macys is always contributing with good causes....not really. .they ask the customer for "donations" ,but the reality is that they sell you a coupon wich have a lot of restrictions to be used later, just for you to make that donation, so the can proclaim that THEY are charity sponsors, then comes the tax break for them!!!

Treat your employees as human beings, better pay, more respect, please dont offer us false expectations about better pay, carrier advancements or future of the company.
    Right now most of your associates are discourage and down.
    You are trying to keep the company afloat, but at the end remember, that the biggest treasure that macy's have is their EMPLOYEES because THEY ARE THE FACE OF MACY'S

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!