There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

It was a fun job and I liked my clients

Former Employee - Cosmetics Sales Associate  in  Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Cosmetics Sales Associate in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Macy's

Pros

I liked my clients and was excited about the idea of what I was doing, which was selling cosmetics.
I enjoyed a majority of my co workers and thught the product that I was selling was excellent in quality and that the cosmetics company was a good company to represent.

Cons

Macy's itself does not seem to know what is going on when a company is working within its walls. There was a lack of communication and limited training. I wanted to have more professional training, but I did the best with what I had to work with. I did not like that I had to push the credit card part. Regardless of how much I was selling, if I did not get people to sign up for credit, I was failing. Finally, I was hired for a day short position and was told to put down my availability. After I was hired, I found out that the schedule was computer generated and there was any flexibility. It took awhile to get used to standing for so long, but once I did, it was not so bad. I did not appreciate some of the co-workers being so competitive regarding the 3% commission-I mean really, it was not worth the unprofessionalism that they displayed and I wish this kind of behavior was discouraged.

Make sure that you teach the young girls to be more respectful and professional with their coworkers and with some of the clients. Competing over 3% commission is just not attractive!

4741 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Macy's ok

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Macy's

Pros

casual environment was ok and so was the store discount. Also the one i worked at was in the mall, so yay break time!

Cons

They let any body work here, really all types. so you gotta be open minded and social. Plus i got a store credit card in the mail aoutomatically right after i started working there. Did not want nor did i use it.

Not really to much, when i worked there the bigges tproblem was keeping enough staff on shift to maintain floor, organize merchandise and keep the dang fittings roms clear, all with a smile!

Horrible

Former Employee - Merchandiser/Signer  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Merchandiser/Signer in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Discount
    Flexible Hours
    Ease of Work
    Early and Late Hours Available

Cons

Bad Hours
    Incompetent Management
    Bad Pay
    Difficulty keeping hours

Start worrying more about how you can work for your employees, and less about how your employees are beneath you.

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

Worked for Macy's? Contribute to the Community!