Macy's

www.macysinc.com
  www.macysinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Macy's

It was a fun job and I liked my clients

Former Employee - Cosmetics Sales Associate in Pleasanton, CA
Former Employee - Cosmetics Sales Associate in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Macy's

Pros

I liked my clients and was excited about the idea of what I was doing, which was selling cosmetics.
I enjoyed a majority of my co workers and thught the product that I was selling was excellent in quality and that the cosmetics company was a good company to represent.

Cons

Macy's itself does not seem to know what is going on when a company is working within its walls. There was a lack of communication and limited training. I wanted to have more professional training, but I did the best with what I had to work with. I did not like that I had to push the credit card part. Regardless of how much I was selling, if I did not get people to sign up for credit, I was failing. Finally, I was hired for a day short position and was told to put down my availability. After I was hired, I found out that the schedule was computer generated and there was any flexibility. It took awhile to get used to standing for so long, but once I did, it was not so bad. I did not appreciate some of the co-workers being so competitive regarding the 3% commission-I mean really, it was not worth the unprofessionalism that they displayed and I wish this kind of behavior was discouraged.

Make sure that you teach the young girls to be more respectful and professional with their coworkers and with some of the clients. Competing over 3% commission is just not attractive!

5272 Other Employee Reviews for Macy's (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

Former Employee - Associate in Hurst, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Hurst, TX

I worked at Macy's

Pros

Good pay for the work you do
    Meet lots of interesting people

Cons

Management can be difficult to deal with sometimes
    Micromanagement

Stop micromanaging your employees!

Macy's ok

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Macy's

Pros

casual environment was ok and so was the store discount. Also the one i worked at was in the mall, so yay break time!

Cons

They let any body work here, really all types. so you gotta be open minded and social. Plus i got a store credit card in the mail aoutomatically right after i started working there. Did not want nor did i use it.

Not really to much, when i worked there the bigges tproblem was keeping enough staff on shift to maintain floor, organize merchandise and keep the dang fittings roms clear, all with a smile!

There are newer employer reviews for Macy's